Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after an accident

After an accident, post-traumatic stress disorder is a common medical condition that can arise. In one such recent instance of crime related to post-traumatic stress disorder in the news, Jodi Arias who is 32 years-old, suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. She was put on the stand in court for 18 days after killing her ex-boyfriend. She claims that because of her disorder she cannot remember the majority of her actions. Arias was charged with first degree murder but is claiming she killed him out of self-defense but doesn’t remember that she ever stabbed him over two dozen times, that his throat was ever slit or that he was shot in the head. Some doctors believe that memories can be limited and do not form when people experience acute stress since it their chemistry makeup under those conditions prevents it from forming. Arias could face the death penalty if she is convicted of this crime. Read here for more.

After an accident, PSTD is a common disorder which can form. In fact, PTSD can develop after a traumatic event that threatens your safety or is life-threatening. PTSD usually forms differently in person, and also varies from person to person. PTSD can develop hours or days after a traumatic event, but it can also form weeks, months, and even years later. For more information, see here. It is important to talk to an attorney in the wake of an accident, because PSTD is a disorder which should be considered when damages are awarded and calculated.

If you or someone you know is suffering from PSTD

The attorneys at Taylor & Boguski, LLC, are a South New Jersey law firm located in Mount Laurel. We represent clients in a variety of personal injury claims such as Psychiatric Injuries, Social Security Disability Claims, Brain Injuries, Back, Neck and Spinal Cord Injuries, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, and many other injuries. Call 800-404-5299 or 856-234-2233 for a free consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney. Get the legal advice you need from an experienced attorney so that your rights can be availed.